Ugh. So disappointing.
I had several pictures of new recipes I was looking forward to posting, and I had only moved over a couple to my Google Drive. There's just nothing I can do, so I have to choose to let it go.
As a result, I'm without a camera card for another day or two and used my iPhone last night to snag a picture of this dessert. It is one of my favorite go-to's, because, more times than not, I have the ingredients on hand. They're basic staples in many of our pantries.
I ADORE this dish for multiple reasons. I love that it's fail-proof. I don't have to worry about over- or under-cooking it. And I truly, truly enjoy the consistency. When you scoop into it, you will find a rich, creamy chocolate sauce under a tender crust. It is kind of like a light brownie and fudge topping all in one. We had it last night with snow cream. Vanilla Bean ice cream is perfect any other time snow is not readily available. ;)
Chocolate Cobblermakes one 9x13 pan
For the cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 T cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the topping
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups VERY HOT water
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in greased 9x13 dish and put in oven while heating until butter is melted.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla. Batter will be very thick.
3. Once melted, remove pan with butter from oven and spoon mixture evenly in pan.
4. Mix together sugar and cocoa for topping. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
5. Pour hot water over all and bake 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.